Friday, February 10, 2012

vikings x mama mia

In celebration of 2 birthdays and an anniversary, the family went to the Vikings buffet in MOA and watched Mamma Mia last night. It was my second time at Vikings, and despite a few negative feedbacks about the place, it still really never fails to get me excited and satisfied. The quality and quantity of the food (at good prices) always get me leaving the place with a happy tummy, and eventually craving for more.

If i'm not mistaken, it's about P800 per head on weekdays, and P1, 200 on weekends. They have a wide variety of choices: Japanese, Chinese, Italian, sea foods, shabu-shabu, steaks, lamb, drinks (beer, all kinds of juices, tea, coffee). And for dessert: cakes, cookies, fruits, fondue, ice cream, yogurt, halo-halo and more. Not bad for the amount of delicious food they offer! Plus the place is clean and has a sort of fancy look to it. Really worth visiting!

After going through some of the photos I took last night, I can't help but crave again for Japanese food, that spinach dip and rare lamb. Super yummm-eeee. Here are a few pictures:


My first plate out of.. a few more others.





My forever favorite: Ube ice cream with mallows and sprinkles.

After that 5:30PM meal (yeah, we started eating by the time the place opened), we had to rush to our Mamma Mia showing that was at 8:00PM (which we were able to get to on time despite the bad traffic outside CCP).

I love Mamma Mia the movie and I love the soundtrack, so I really was so excited to watch. And when I finally did, i loved it. The characters they got for the musical were so similar to the ones in the movie, so the whole time I couldn't help but put Meryl Streep's face on Sophie's mom and Pierce Brosnan's face on one of the dad's. I loved the costumes and the singing and dancing and everything. Very similar to the movie talaga, with the men in flippers and the order and setting of where the songs were sung and danced. The musical just had about two additional songs and dances, hot men (hot men from UK), and a touch of humour in their presentation. The best part of it all was in the end, when the cast sings and dances to the Abba hits, and when the audience join in the singing and dancing as well. It was great! So if you think you can still catch a showing before the UK production leaves, GO FOR IT!

ps. sorry for another food-filled post. I love taking pictures of my favorite food!


No comments:

Post a Comment