Friday, February 17, 2012

v-day

Belated happy Valentine's to everyone! In as much as the holiday is somewhat characterized by two adjectives that we all try to avoid being--cliche and cheesy--I still love V-day! I love seeing couples, I love seeing flowers, I love seeing chocolates, I love seeing people out in restaurants (but hate the traffic and wait), I love seeing mommies and daddies on dates, I love seeing singles getting together. No matter how much V-day makes some feel loved or #foreveralone, it still gets people together to celebrate , whether it is love for a man or woman, a job, friends, family or alcohol. Even for the love of celebrations!

So here's how I spent mine:

A pre-Valentine dinner on the 12th with the family, lola, and our plus ones, all prepared by my mom.
  
Appetizers
Dinner


the attendees missing Jim and my dad (taking the photo)
On the 14th, I had my V-day Shabu lunch with my parents and relatives tita Nini and Chanti who are visiting from the States.

And for my V-day dinner, I spent it with Anton. Unfortunately the little pictures that I took were bad since we were eating in his garden so it was dark, and the flash sort of made the picture come out too exposed. So no dinner photo :( 

After dinner, we headed to TJ's in Westgate to get a drink, then went to Sam's house to have some drinks with couples, while all the single friends were partying at Skye! 

photo from Isa Escano

So that's how I spent my V-day. I hope everyone else had a good and hearty one!


No comments:

Post a Comment